The Restructuring Part I

days3 copyWhen I decided to put the blog onto autopilot at the end of January, beginning of February, and dedicate myself fully to working on the edits for my current work-in-progress, I had no idea what was about to be in store for me with regards to this story. The one thing I did know was, I needed to read the book first, which proved surprisingly easier than I expected. Except, I only managed to make it halfway through reading the book when I realized there were a few layout changes I needed to make. Firstly, the first and second chapters needed to be switched, add two new chapters between what was two and three now two and five, add three more chapters after that,  merge one of the previous chapters into the three, then a final new chapter after the new chapter 10. Taking the first six chapters and now making them 10.

It was only five new chapters in total, three if you counted the fact that one chapter was already partly taken from another chapter, and one chapter was parsed from a previous version. But even writing 3 new chapters can be a lot, and in some ways it’s proven a little more tricky to finish them as quickly as I would like. I have a fair amount done, but I wouldn’t call these new chapters complete. Needless to say, I’m going to need to work exceptionally faster if I’m ever going to make my goal of April on time. Were I any ‘normal’ (and I use that term loosely) I’d be editing the chapters as I go, but that’s never quite worked for me.

Let's Chat

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s